At Home Help Me Care we know the importance of recruiting the right people, and that's why we look at applicants qualifications, work experience but also their life experience and what drives them to want to care and support our clients. We follow 'Safer Recruitment through better recruitment' guidance from the Care Inspectorate.
We recognise the world we live in means many people want flexibility in their career and that's why we offer team members the opportunity to work from as little as 10 hours per week right upto full time. So if you want a fulfilling career that really gives something back to our communities, please do get in touch with us.
- All applicants are interviewed by the Registered Manager & Operations Manager
- All employees are Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) checked
- Three references obtained; one of which is the most recent employer
- Employees on a 3 month probation to ensure they are the right fit for Home Help Me Care & it's clients
- Employees registered with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Before any of our team commence services to clients, we provide them thorough training and induction, including:
- Our code of conduct
- First Aid Training
- Manual lifting & handling
- Adult Support & Protection
- Introduction to Dementia (ongoing programme)
- Prompting & Assisting with Medication
- Support Planning
- Options to study for SVQ Level 2 or SVQ Level 3
- Induction of all our policies and procedures (including: infection control, protecting vulnerable groups, promoting dignity & independence, complaints policies and procedures, service evaluation)
- Ongoing Personal Devleopment
At Home Help Me we recognise the trust you place in us to look after you/your loved one. We use traditional methods of shadowing and assessing our employees. As well as using CarePlanner Technology to give our team all the real time information they need about you. This includes a live system of monitoring which clients our team are with.